Monday, October 4, 2010

Poppin Pastels with Retired Colors


This was the last card we did at my Stamp Club last month. I warned my girls that I was using retired colors - I have SO much paper in retired colors that I'd hate to see go to waste. They completely understood and were more interested in learning the technique anyway. Thank goodness. We stamped the flower image in VersaMark ink on Whisper White Cardstock and then used sponge daubers to apply pastels to the image. I CASEd (copy and show everyone) the card from Julie's card found here. Thanks for the great idea. I love simple cards that can show a great technique and give a big WOW when people see it being made. If you haven't tried this technique, give it a try! It gives you unlimited options for ink colors even if you don't have a lot of Stampin' Pads. All you need is VersaMark and Pastels!

Stamps: Just Believe
Paper: Brocade Blue CS, Whisper White CS, Mellow Moss CS
Ink:
VersaMark, Brocade Blue
Accessories: Pastels, Basic Pearls, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Sponge Daubers

Shop Online 24/7 - click here

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty card and a great way to use up some of those older colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, I love this technique. Now I just need to order the new Stampin' Pastels. I too have on occasion used a retired product in a workshop. I just give my customers a few ideas of current product they could use to replace the retired product and they don't mind either. As you said, sometimes they are more interested in the technique than the actual product.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails