Thursday, September 26, 2013

Elegant Buttefly Punch Card


So, what do you think about the colors used here? I was inspired by the design of these cards and really wanted to use some of my Strawberry Slush In-Color DSP.  I just wasn't sure what to pair it with so, again, I pulled out my Color Coach to see what it suggested.  The result: Strawberry Slush, Rich Razzleberry, and Sahara Sand.  At first, I wasn't sure about the colors, but as this card set on my counter for a few days, it really grew on me.  It was an easy card to make and I'm really happy how it came out!
What do you think?   

Tip:  I used a 2-1/2" X 5-1/2" piece of Whisper White cardstock.  It seemed to be the right size to be able to center the butterflies with equal room on top and bottom.  I punched the middle butterfly first with the cardstock pushed all the way against the punch.  Then, while holding the punch upside down, I looked for the already punched butterfly and moved just a tad to either side (still pushing the cardstock all the way against the punch - this keeps the butterflies lined up going across).  
Hope that makes at least a little bit of sense!  Try it and let me know if you  have questions!


 ~Enjoy!

Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, In Color DSP (Strawberry Slush)
Ink: Strawberry Slush
Stamps: Express Yourself (Hostess Set)
Accessories:  Elegant Butterfly Punch, Modern Label Punch, Pearl Basic Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails