Monday, September 30, 2013

Bring On The Cake Masculine Card


 Masculine cards are always a challenge for me so when a hostess asked for simple masculine cards I went to two of my favorite places - my Color Coach and the cleanandsimplestamping website where I can always find a sketch that I'd like to try. 
For my card, I used this sketch


I also added a bit based on a Make & Take we did at Convention where we got and used the Gorgeous Grunge set.  Using this set is really liberating for a perfectionist type like myself! Nothing has to be perfect and it always looks great!  :)
The color combination I found that would work well for a masculine cards was:  Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze & Garden Green.  Crumb Cake's dynamic duo is Chocolate Chip.  
I have to say that I made a boo boo on this card, though, and I didn't realize it until I was putting my supplies away.  Although I stamped the 'Wish Big' sentiment in Chocolate Chip, the strip on the left side of the card is actually Early Espresso.  I knew something was wrong the second I put the card together because something just did NOT look right and I couldn't figure it out.  Until I put my supplies away.  Oh well!
~Enjoy!

Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Crumb Cake (stamp off), Cajun Craze (stamp off), Garden Green (stamp off), Chocolate Chip
Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge, Bring on the Cake
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails