Monday, January 31, 2011

Leadership 2011 Roommate Gifts

When I went to Nashville, I had only met my roommate online. We emailed a couple of times and hoped for the best. Turns out we had a GREAT time together (not hard to find nice people at a Stampin' Up! event)! We stayed up WAY too late each night talking until we couldn't talk anymore...not hard for me to do (ask my hubby). :)

We made each other gifts so I thought I'd share what I got from her and what I made for her.
Here's what she made...


Beautiful, isn't it? She had some cards and other goodies in the bag and a nice sentiment inside the card. I love it! You can see more of her work at HERE.

Here's what she found on the pillow in our hotel room when she arrived...


I made a notepad holder using Stampin' Up!s Clear-Mount Stamp Cases and Sunny Garden DSP. The notepads come 5"X8", which is too long, so I had the local office supply store cut it down to 5"X7". I used a 10- 5/8" X 7" piece of DSP for the outside of the stamp case. For more info on making these, check out this great video found HERE.
I found the idea for the chocolate nuggets HERE (scroll down). I LOVE this idea! I used slightly different dimensions - I think it was 2-1/4" X 5" with 5 nuggets. I also used the Wilton Pretzel bags, but I did not end up trimming them since I used the ribbon at the top.
I also added a felt flower key chain which we both used as bag tags. I'll have more on this project later...

~Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome gifts - I so wanted to go but I called too late.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails