Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Curly Paper Christmas Tree

Here is what I made for my Stampin' Up! gift for our White Elephant Gift Exchange at our Holiday Group meeting last night.  I saw this Christmas tree and video tutorial on Patty's blog and HAD to give it a shot.  I figured it was a great way to use the Winter Frost Designer Series Paper Stack. 


I changed the dimensions that Patty used so I would minimize scraps. I cut the paper stack into 1/2" strips along the 6-1/2" side for the bottom of the tree (1/2" X 6-1/2").  Towards the top, I turned the paper stack 90 degrees and cut 1/2" strips along the 4-1/2" side (1/2" X 4-1/2").  I also made my own tree topper using 4 scallop circles punched out of Silver Glimmer Paper.  

I love the way it came out.  I can't wait to make another one!  This one took me a little over an hour (while watching Homeland!) and was very inexpensive.  

I'll share what I received in the Gift Exchange later. 


Cardstock: Winter Frost Designer Series Paper Stack, Silver Glimmer Paper
Punches:  Scallop Circle Punch
Other: Bone Folder, Styrofoam Cone, Straight Pins, Toothpick (for tree topper)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails