Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Stampin' Up! and School Projects - Part 1

Before I start showing a lot of the holiday projects I've been working on, I thought I'd share a few projects that I helped my daughter with using my Stampin' Up! supplies.  Who knew they'd come in so handy?


For the past 2 years, my daughter has participated in the Awana Grand Prix using a Pinewood Derby car kit.  Last year she made a hot pink car based on one of her brother's toy batmobiles and ended up with 1st place in Speed (we used glitter spray on that car).  This year, she wanted a turtle car - she loves the PBS show Wild Kratts and they have a ship called The Tortuga.  SO, our version of The Tortuga was born.  My husband did an awesome job creating the turtle shape on the car.  He then spray painted the car gray.  Meanwhile, I created a template using Honeycomb Embossing Folder.  I embossed copy paper, then used an exacto knife to cut out the insides of the honeycombs.  We taped the template to the car and sprayed painted the green. Voila!  We had a Tortuga.  Her car was very fast, but she wanted to go for 1st in Design and she won!



Don't forget to check out the Clearance Rack Blitz - Products up to 80% off only while supplies last!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails