Friday, February 21, 2014

Bright & Cheery 'Window' Card


I finally dusted off some colors that I hadn't played with before.  The newest In Colors are a bit of a challenge for me to use so I dared myself to find a way to use the color Crisp Cantaloupe.  Thanks to my handy Color Coach, I saw the combination of Soft Suede and Crisp Cantaloupe that I knew I could work with.  I combined these colors with the one of the Splitcoaststampers Creative Crew Challenges for February.
  • CCREW0214CF - Catalog focus: punches!
    Stampin'Up! has so many great punches that make our cardmaking that much more fun. Use a punch or punches to create a window card.
Now a 'window' card can be interpreted MANY different ways, but since I'd recently come across a card in my craft room that I'd made a LONG time ago with the same layout, I decided to go with this kind of window card.
I have to admit, it bothers me that the flowers are not centered (perfectionist, I know) but it was intentional.  Actually, I was hoping they'd be more random on the squares, but I went with what I got.   I'm happy I dusted off the Crisp Cantaloupe...finally. 

Cardstock: Crisp Cantaloupe, Soft Suede, Whisper White
Ink: Crisp Cantaloupe, Soft Suede
Stamps: Secret Garden Express Yourself
Accessories:  Big Shot, Squares Collection Framelits Dies, Whisper White 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon
Punches: Punch Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails