Thursday, March 13, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Birthday!

 

I have a few birthdays in my family on St. Patrick's day, so I wanted to give a go at a green-themed birthday card.  It also worked out as part of the Splitcoaststampers Creative Crew Challenge for March:
  • CCREW0314HF, CreativeCrew, SUO or SUM -- For this challenge, make a birthday card in purple (for St. Urho) or green (for St. Patrick). Use a technique or layout that you love!
I've seen this type of card all over and have wanted to try it for awhile.  I used the directions/tutorial found here for the card assembly.  It was super easy!   
The almost-finished card needed something, so I got out my handy dandy green Sharpie and colored some rhinestones.  I love how they finished it off.  I needed to keep it somewhat masculine and even with the little 'bling' it's not too girlie.  What do you think? 



I also used a quick tutorial on how to make the shamrock from the Pansy Punch HERE.  Easy Peasy!


Thanks for stopping by!

Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Wild Wasabi, Sweet Sorbet DSP (SAB)

Ink: Crumb Cake
Stamps: Happy Hour, Wacky Wishes
Accessories: Rhinestones
Punches: 2-1/2" Circle, 2-3/8" Scallop Circle, 1-3/4" Scallop Circle, Pansy, Banner
Other: Sharpie


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails